Thursday, May 07, 2009

Gamer's Diary 2009-05-07

A reference to Portal in a recent videogame podcast got me thinking about it. I wanted to hear Still Alive again, so I bought the soundtrack to The Orange Box on iTunes and downloaded it to my iPod. And set Still Alive as my phone's ringtone. And last night played through the game again so I could hear it in context.

I had meant to load a save from the end of the game so that I could go straight to the credits, but I'd never made one there. So, I decided to play all the way through again and re-experience the awesomeness that is Portal.

I planned to play a half-hour and save the rest for another night, as I had four games that had just arrived in the mail - I hadn't even opened them yet. I started a new game of Portal and began playing.

Four hours later, I was watching the end credits. Yeah, it's that good.

No comments: